Teresa also represents clients in claims under state and federal government employee benefits programs, and in state-law malpractice claims against service providers to employee benefits plans.
Teresa’s publications include Ch. 8, “Employee Benefits” in California Domestic Partnerships and Same-Sex Marriage (CEB); Ch. 9, “Employee Welfare and Other Nonpension Benefits” in Dividing Pensions and Other Employee Benefits in California Divorces (CEB); and numerous articles and conference papers. She has served as co-counsel for amici curiae in four United States Supreme Court ERISA cases.
Prior to founding Renaker Hasselman Scott LLP, now Renaker Scott LLP, Teresa was an associate attorney and then a shareholder at a national employee benefits and employment law firm and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Bafford v. Northrop Grumman Corp., 994 F.3d 1020 (9th Cir. 2021)
- Reed v. KRON/IBEW Local 45 Pension Plan, 770 Fed. Appx. 374, 2019 WL 2145652 (9th Cir. 2019)
- Paulsen v. CNF Inc., 559 F.3d 1061 (9th Cir. 2009)
- Vaughn v. Bay Environmental Management, Inc., 567 F.3d 1021 (9th Cir. 2009)
- Barling v. UEBT Retiree Health Plan, 145 F. Supp. 3d 890 (N.D. Cal. 2015)
- McVey v. McVey, 26 F. Supp. 3d 980 (C.D. Cal. 2014)
- Cozen O’Connor, P.C. v. Tobits, 2013 WL 3878688 (E.D. Pa. July 29, 2013)
- Taylor v. ANB Bancshares, Inc., 2010 WL 4054362 (W.D. Ark. Sept. 20, 2010); 2010 WL 4627672 (W.D. Ark. Nov. 4, 2010)
- Lively v. Dynegy, Inc., 2007 WL 685861 (S.D. Ill. Mar. 2, 2007), and 420 F. Supp. 2d 949 (S.D. Ill. 2006)